Karen L. Tarrant
Karen is a partner at Tarrant & Liska, PLLC. She graduated magna cum laude from Carleton College in 1970, and from the University of Chicago Law School in 1973. She practiced law for over four years with a medium-sized Chicago firm, Friedman & Koven, in their litigation department. She has practiced law in Minnesota since 1977, and was an associate and partner with the firm Brown, Stolpestad and Smith in Saint Paul until 1982. Since 1982, she operated her own firm or has been a partner with Tarrant & Liska, PLLC.
Karen is also a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Ramsey County Bar Association. She has volunteered with the Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services since 1977. She was a member of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners and received their Life Time Achievement Award in 2005.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- Minnesota, 1977
- Illinois, 1973
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1978
- University of Chicago Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1973
- Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1970
- Honors: magna cum laude
- In Re: Estate of Moldenhauer, 2009 WL 173867, 2009, Minn. App.
- Gellert v. Eginton, 770 N.W.2d 190, 2009, Minn. App.
- In Re: Iwen, 2003 WL 21007240, 2003, Minn. App.
- Individuals and Small Businesses
- Larger Entities that she has Represented Include:
- Giertsen Company
- Nelson Brothers Construction, Inc.
- Bishop Fixture and Millwork, Inc.
- Haven Chemical Health Systems, LLC
- Continental Foodservice Company
- Aslesen Company
- Neighborhood Development Center
- Western State Bank
Honors and Awards
- Life Time Achievement Award - National Association of Woman Business Owners, Minnesota Chapter, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
- The National Association of Women Business, Minnesota Chapter, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Friedman & Koven
- Brown, Stolpestad and Smith in Saint Paul
Pro Bono Activities
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, 1977 - Present
- Phi Delta Phi
- Phi Beta Kappa