St. Paul Estate Planning Attorney

Experienced lawyers in st. paul, minnesota
Contact Us Today For A Consultation

888-342-2493 Toll Free

Please note our new address

OUR OFFICES ARE OPEN! We are taking every precaution to ensure our clients and team members are safe. Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.


We Can Set Up A Special Needs Trust To Provide For A Loved One With Disabilities

At Tarrant & Liska, P.L.L.C., we help you find solutions in the near term and plan for stability and security in the long term. Establishing a supplemental or special needs trust for a disabled loved one is an excellent tool. Such a trust will not disqualify him or her from receiving government benefits such as Social Security, Medicare, and other medical and housing assistance. It will allow money to be available for things that the government will not pay for.

Our experienced special needs trust attorneys assist people throughout the Twin Cities metro area who are considering creating a trust for a loved one of any age and condition. Special needs planning must follow certain legal procedures in Minnesota courts that our attorneys are familiar with and have been practicing for decades.

We have helped hundreds of families set up these trusts.
Call us at 651-315-8738 to schedule a meeting.

Special Needs And Supplemental Needs Trusts

We can advise you on the trusts that best suit your specific needs and goals. Sometimes other options are more effective for particular situations. Our analysis can ensure the right tools and strategies are used to maximize the power, efficiency and flexibility of your plan.

• Special needs trusts can be established using the money of a disabled person (usually gained through a personal injury lawsuit or an inheritance). They are created to set money aside for use on extra living expenses that public benefits do not provide. Special needs trusts do not disqualify one from any public benefits. A limited number of people can set one up, however, including a parent, grandparent or the court. We can guide you through the process and, if necessary or advisable, petition the court to effectively set up the trust.

• Supplemental needs trusts are created to allow children or adults with special needs to still qualify for public benefits. The money in the trust can come from anyone except the recipient. However, the beneficiary must be certified disabled prior to the establishment of the trust. In creating the trust, you have the power to designate a trustee to dispense assets according to your wishes, ensuring your loved one(s) is always taken care of financially.

Get Help From Experienced Trust Law Attorneys

Call us at 651-315-8738 (toll-free at 888-342-2493) or contact us by email to schedule a consultation. We are conveniently located on Concordia Avenue, just off Snelling Avenue, in St. Paul. We are glad to meet at your convenience, including evenings and weekends by request. We can come to you too.

Payment plans can be arranged, and Visa and Mastercard are welcome.

How can we help you ?

Office Location

Tarrant & Liska, P.L.L.C.
1570 Concordia Avenue
Suite 200
St. Paul, MN 55104

Toll Free: 888-342-2493
Phone: 651-315-8738
Map & Directions